Wednesday, July 18, 2007

So here's the deal. Over the last few years I have been blessed and met many lovely and talented knitters. A few of these friends have knitting blogs; fabulous knitting blogs. I have to blame my friend Knitty Otter for getting me hooked on all kinds of knitting blogs. Since I haven't introduced myself to most of these wonderful bloggers, I will not list them. I don't want them to think I am a blog stalker, although I guess I just admitted to being one since I haven't said "Hello" yet. I must confess the thought of having a blog never crossed my mind. Several of my fellow knitters have suggested the concept, but I just laughed. When I realized they were actually serious I found myself a little horrified at the thought. Not that there is anything wrong with blogging, heck, I love the idea. I guess it's just the thought of me blogging that seems so crazy. First, who on earth would read my blog? Second, would I be a complete slacker when it comes to updating? These two questions have pretty much kept me from jumping in to the blogging world. Now the last bit of business was coming up with a cool name. I thought the name Knitty Otter gave me was perfect ... Monkey Socks. Monkey Socks was taken, so why not throw in the name of the Lake I adore. Officially "Tahoe Monkey Socks" was born. Now it remains to be seen if I can update sometime this month. Thanks for reading! ~ Monkey Socks

2 comments:

Victoria said...

YEAH! Welcome to blog land my sweet friend ;-) yippy skippy!

I don't know why this makes me so happy but it just does so deal with it :-P hehehe...and I think I get to be your first comment! YAHOO!

don;t worry about being a "lurker" (someone who doesn't comment or say hello but reads several blogs regularly...there are so many that i read and don't comment on lol....if i tried to comment on EVERY single blog i read i wouldn't have time for anything else lol)

KnittyOtter said...

I'm glad I could help. *GRIN*

So when ya going to update?

Whatcha Knitting on?

How many WIP's you got on the needles right now?

Got any photos of any FO's?

/nag

Good thing you love me. ;^)

*OtterHuggles*

P.S. You'll need to allow for other types of comments and not just those with the Blogger accounts.